Start a new topic

Share your thoughts on Private Listings!

Please use this forum to share what you like about Private Listings, and what you wish could be changed.

I personally find the private network is of no value and realtors forget to search private network
Could you include more than 1 picture? How come some Private Listing doesn’t show up on Zenlist ?
It would be great to add additional filters for PLN listings, ability to connect ShowingTime and ability to send a link for each listing directly to clients.
Allow the entire information on the home be shown, instead of just a portion of the information. Also, allow the private , private pending or under contract be shown so it can be used when completing cma's.
Id like to be able to input all of my listing information and then choose during private listing what is visible. Once the listing is ready to activate I can then just update, amend and make corrections.
The PLN is a dishonest misrepresentation of what it is. It is Not "private" as MLS includes list and price history of supposed private listings.
I think it’s a great option to let others know that a listing is coming up but not quite ready to share on the public MLS. I liked it better when it was only available to realtors, not the buyers. When a PLN listing goes to a buyer they are disappointed that there isn’t more information.
There is not enough criteria to get an accurate search. Type of home, basement, garage spaces, approximate square footage and others should be included in fields. I don't think the time on the PLN should be included in number of days on market.

Just to share a recent story, not even a month old, I approached an agent about a condo she had listed on the PLN. When I asked her the following questions she didn't know the answers.  What are the reserves? Are they making the contribution the equivalent of 10% of the budget to the reserves? What's the owner occupancy? You mentioned that there are two condos in the building, but the tax records indicate they're three condos in the building can you confirm number of units? Here are the answers I received:  I don't know the reserves. They are definitely not making a contribution 10% of the reserves. I don't know the owner occupancy. I will need to check to see how many units are in the association. 

Permission to be sloppy and lazy?

I get more info on listings from Zenlist, Top Agent Network and my brokerages internal database including the price when its not on the PLN.

The search function is awful.

There is an incredibly simple answer, the PLN should be a reflection of the MLS, full stop. 

Same info is required. 

This fixes your search issue, holds agents accountable, reduces the number of failed transactions and most important insures the seller's are properly represented.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I wanted to answer a few questions I see above.

@Leah Eva - Yes, you can include more than one photo. Zenlist will only have private listings for the offices that have opted into sharing their listings with that company. 

@Joanne Rancich - if the private listing transitions to a standard listing as active, the time it was in private will not be included in the market time. You just have to make sure that the list date matches the day you are going live in the standard network.

Thank you,
Katrina Bressler
Director of Customer Experience

MRED

PLEASE require a picture of the property and ENfORCE it!

Or is up to me to make a correction? But you can't in the PLN.

Hmmmm

Login to post a comment