Start a new topic

Would you like to see ShowingTime integrated with listings in the Private Listing Network?

Due to the recent increase in showing requests for PLN listings due to low inventory, we'd like to hear what you think about the idea of integrating ShowingTime into the PLN. This would allow showings to be requested more easily if this feature is enabled by the listing agent on the particular listing. If this were enabled, private listings would have to be sent to ShowingTime as a whole feed, however, this would not be for any public display to consumers. Use the space below to let us know your thoughts on this concept!

No - I feel that PLN is being used by some  in a way it was NOT intended. Adding showing time will just encourage the misuse. I would encourage further conversation on this topic and would be happy to participate in a focus group pertaining to this issue. Making the system better helps all of us. Our clients are who we are charged to serve not our own interests. 

2 people like this

Katrina:

It sure would help simplify a Realtors life - I am just trying to think through any blow back this might cause. 

Could we still link it to Sentri Lock?

It would be nice to test it out once all the upgrades have been executed for the PLN. With that said I am assuming you want to roll it all out at the same time?

Thanks & Stay Safe!

1 person likes this

Karen, we would want it to mimic the same functionality that we have for the standard listings if we go forward with that so there wouldn't be a loss in functionality. 

1 person likes this

Melanie, thank you for your feedback. We do want to gather as much feedback as possible on this topic. Agents are required now to choose if the PLN listings are allowed to be shown or not so they would still follow those rules if ShowingTime were available.

I agree with adding showing time to the Private to make it have the same great functionality we have for standard listings. Some agents are already putting their Private listings in showing time for scheduling purposes and it would be very helpful if everyone did! In Minneapolis their MRED requires all brokerages/agents to utilize a chosen showing time type service in order to be part of their MRED-so for agents scheduling buyer tours scheduling them is a breeze! Currently we have to text some agents, email some, and call some rather than easily clicking thru a showing request online. 

2 people like this

ShowingTime already allows for manual listing entry which can be used for Private Listings. I think that giving brokers the option of turning on ShowingTime synchronization for a Private Listing would be helpful, but I don't think it should automatically sync. This should be a yes/no option that is exclusive to the Private Listing edit.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment